When scheduling an appointment with a client or customer with you, it’s easier to let them choose an available slot or book an appointment online. Rather than, going back & forth with all tiring endless emails to try to find a slot that works for everyone. One of the easiest and most effective ways to accomplish this is to set up google forms for appointments.
Online appointment systems are the future of service, and it’s time you consider implementing one. After all, online booking is powerful, it makes the scheduling process easier on your team, and customer, and impacts your budget.
So, what is online booking? Come down to, it is a digital solution to allow customers to schedule an appointment on your website. And then it also mostly adds to your calendar.
It seems easy on the surface, but the benefits of an online appointment system run deep. Hence, in this article, I am going to discuss the steps to follow for google forms for appointments and the benefits of having an online booking.
- Benefits of Online Scheduling Forms
- Create Google Forms
- Set up Scheduling Form
- Eliminate Choices/Choice limit your time slots
- Send out the Appointment Request Form
- Alternate Way (Bonus Step)
Benefits of Online Scheduling Forms
Creating online booking forms comes with its own benefits and here are some of the benefits of using an appointment system.
- Customers can schedule appointments and services on familiar ground. In an age where everything is online, having an online booking form perfectly aligns with their lifestyle.
- Provide/Improve customer online appointment scheduling journey. The last thing you want to do is make your customers jump through hoops to make an appointment. The office appointment booking form gives your customers an easy way to interact with you on their terms. Customers with these online & offline channels can schedule appointments as they please and get one-to-one tailored experiences.
- Appointments increase your conversions & revenues. A simple and easy-to-use booking system converts more leads and has a higher probability of turning into revenues. Online appointment systems have a way to contribute to business growth because it’s easy to fill out a form and get into CRM. This makes it easier to gain new clients, their purchase history, and other data to be inputted.
- Appointment scheduling increases employee productivity. Having online appointment scheduling software or even using google forms for appointments saves employees a tremendous amount of time. It takes the pressure or back & forth of trying to schedule & reschedule appointments. They can spend their time working on more productive things.
How to use Google Forms for appointments
There are a few steps you need to follow to prepare google forms for appointments for scheduling, including using some add-ons. You may or may not install add-ons, but for more functionality, it’s better to add the add-ons. Let’s right get into it.
Create Google Forms
The first step always is to create your form and set it up for any of your purposes. And here, we are creating google forms for appointments.
- To start, go to Google Forms website – click here or visit it via G-drive. And select a blank form and start everything from scratch.
- Then title your form, and give it a relevant form so that people know what they are signing up for. Besides, you can add extra information/detail in the ‘form description.’
- You can configure settings if need to be, though it is not very essential. Go to the ‘Settings’ tab at the top navigation bar, from there you can configure all the main settings. Like, under the ‘Responses’ option, enable the ‘collect email addresses’ option because they are needed for further communication.
- Then, you can enable the ‘limit to 1 response’ option as well. Under the ‘Presentation’ option you can edit the ‘confirmation message which will be seen after submitting the form.
- Besides, you can connect google forms with sheets by navigating to the ‘Responses’ tab at the top and clicking on the ‘Sheet’ icon. You can also enable email notifications for every response, go to the three dots in the ‘Responses’ tab and click on email notification for new responses’ option.
Set up Scheduling Form
Once, you’ve added the title and description, the next step is to set up your booking form.
- Below the title you’ll see the first section of the form, click ‘question’ to rename this portion of your form. You can create various sections for different days, time slots, or services (as you wish). For example, if you’re offering services every day then – Monday, and Tuesday as different sections, and add various questions per section.
- To create a section, click on the ‘Add Section’ from the small options box beside the question box.
- Then, add questions and choose response type, mostly choose multiple-choice, checkboxes, or dropdown questions. You can also choose the date & time option where respondents can add the time or date they prefer.
- Under the ‘date’ option, you get to choose to include time and/or year and for the ‘time’ option you get to choose time or duration. You can also add ‘conditional logic’ for multiple-choice and dropdown options. Click on the ‘three-dots’ at the bottom of the question box and click on ‘Go to section based on the answer.’ Direct them to a specific question tab/time slot depending on your choice.
- You can add such questions in google forms for appointments –
- Contact Details & address
- On what day do you need service?
- What time slot will you be available?
- What are you booking for? (if you are a brand that provides different services)
- Select service category (if your service has different categories, like for hair service categories including, haircut, coloring, treatment, etc).
Eliminate Choices/ Choice Limit to your time slots
So, this step is not necessary as you can use google forms for appointments in a very simple & basic way. This step just advances your book appointment with google forms. So, if you want to be able to block out time slots that a client has already selected.
Then you can download an add-on for Google Forms, there are many choice limit apps, but we are specifically talking about – the Choice Eliminator app.
- Install the app, go to the More > Add-ons option and type Choice Limit app and download the add-on.
- Integrate the app into your form using the puzzle shape icon at the top of the form to complete the form of setting up Google forms for appointments.
- The Choice Limit window will be opened at the side, you’ll see the option of ‘number and value limit’. Under number, you can choose generic and individual number limits. In ‘generic limit’ you can eliminate each choice after the limit you’ve set. However, in ‘individual limit’ you can set different limits for each option of a question.
- If you have more than one question on your online booking form, repeat this process for each section.
Also, don’t forget to enable the ‘Number limit’ option.
Send out the Appointment Request Form
Once you’ve set up your google forms for appointments, your form is ready to be sent out. To send a google form,
- You can also preview the form, and click on the ‘eye icon’ to do so.
- Then click on the ‘Send’ button and share it via email, link, or embed HTML.
Alternate Way (bonus step)
Another way to use google forms for appointments is the most usual way any appointment form system works is by booking online forms and adding them as an event in the calendar. You can either get all responses and add them manually to your calendar as a reminder or you can use this alternate way.
The process is the same, however, before sending it install another add-on for google forms that let you create an event from a Google Form submission. There are a few add-ons for the same, but here for your reference, you can install the Form to Calendar add-on.
Then set up the app in your form, click on the puzzle shape icon and click on ‘Connect to calendar’
And click on the ‘connect’ option in the dialogue box that opened. Your form will be connected, once you or anyone fill out the form, it will turn into an event in the calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Google Forms to schedule appointments?
Yes, you can use Google Forms for appointments. It is a very simple and quick way to do so, if you are a startup or a single person who handles various tasks then using google forms is a great way to start in this online appointment world. Besides, you can install an add-on that helps you to eliminate time slots or choices that are already selected by a client/customer. You can check out this article – how to use google forms for appointments, to get a clear idea of steps to use google forms for appointments
Does Google have a booking system?
In order to help your customers/clients help book services, create online booking pages in Google Calendar with Google workspace individual. Besides, Google has another tool with the help of which you can create online appointment schedules and that is Google Form. It is a very quick and easy way to create an appointment form and share it with your customers/clients.
Can a Google Form populate a calendar?
You can for sure populate a calendar with events using Google Forms. Manually you can add reminders or in calendars as events through all the data collected. However, with the help of the google forms add-on, you can automatically save responses as calendar events. You can check out this article to get a clear idea.
Providing an online appointment form is a major advantage, it has the capacity to grow your business and keep your customers/clients happy. Hence, in this post, we have discussed in very few steps how you can use Google Forms for appointments. It is a very simple and quick way to do it, especially if you are a small business/startup or someone who has to singlehandedly do all tasks.
We have another add-on for you to increase the functionality of Google Forms. And it is one of the important features to add to your form especially if you use forms for tests or quizzes. It is none other than – timer built functionality and the best add-on for the countdown timer and more features is the ExtendedForms app.
ExtendedForms app is a countdown timer add-on that lets you integrate a timer feature and along with that set deadlines (start & end timeline). It has a hassle-free configuration that lets you easily connect a timer to your form, auto-submit your form, and so much more. Moreover, the app has a ‘brand customization’ feature that allows you to customize your brand by allowing you to add a brand URL, brand logo, and basic brand theme.
Apart from that, you can export form responses, shorten & custom URL, add custom invitation messages, and even welcome message (before the start of the exam). You can add a welcome message in different languages (and then it will also be shown in the added various languages). ExtendedForms is a perfect alternative to any other timer google apps. You can try the free version and know it for yourself. Besides, if you want, you can even increase your quota without upgrading your plan.